Speaking Comprehension Test 2 for 8th Form Students
Do English Olympiad Year 8 Speaking Test 2. These twenty situations for speaking will help you improve your speaking skills and prepare for English Olympiad and an exam.
- You want to make new e-pals. Tell about yourself, your interests and hobbies.
- What city in Ukraine would you like to visit? What are you going to do there? Where are you going to go?
- Your friend is calling you to congratulate you on your birthday. You had your birthday party yesterday. Tell him about it.
- You are at an international summer camp. Tell your new friends about the main sights of your native city or village.
- Describe your favourite season (winter, spring, summer, autumn) and explain why you like it.
- Your friend has suggested that you should join a sports club (judo, sport dancing). Persuade him that the best kind of sport is your favourite.
- Describe your best friend. What qualities or characteristics do you like in a best friend?
- Pets (cats, dogs, parrots, guinea pigs, hamsters) are important members of the family. Do you agree? Why or why not?
- Do you have any special holidays in your family? What is special about them?
- You were invited by a friend of yours to visit a holiday in a foreign country. What do you know about holidays in this country?
- “My house is my castle”. Do you agree with this proverb? Describe the place you live in.
- Books are our friends and teachers. Prove this.
- You have just come back from a trip to Great Britain. Share your impressions with your classmates.
- Tell your friends why you are learning English.
- You were told to make a report about your favourite English writer.
- During your stay in Britain you have to make a report about Ukraine.
- You have a new e-pal. Tell him about Ukrainian customs and traditions.
- What day of your life brought you the sweetest memories? Why?
- You are participating in a student conference. Tell about your school and school traditions.
- What can we do to make our planet a better place to live in?
What situations for speaking in English Olympiad Year 8 Speaking Test 2 were:
- the easiest
- the most difficult
- the most interesting