Do Year 5 Test 10
Year 5 Test 10 is for the students of the fifth grade to check themselves and develop their reading and writing skills.
Task 1. Read the text and say whether the statements are true or false.
Lionel Messi is an Argentinian footballer. Many people think that he is one of the best players in the world. He was born on June 24, 1987 in Argentina. He has two brothers and a sister. When Messi was five he started playing football. When he was only 11 doctors found that he was ill. But his parents didn’t have enough money to pay for medicine. The family decided to go to Europe. In Europe directors of the famous football club Barcelona saw his talent. They gave him enough money for medicine and Messi started playing for the team. He scored more than a hundred goals for FC Barcelona, and helped the team win the championship four times, and the European Champions League twice.
He helped his national team win the gold medal in the 2008 Olympics in Beijing*. Lionel Messi is the first footballer who won the Golden Ball four times.
- Lionel Messi comes from Barcelona.
- There are two children in his family.
- His parents couldn’t pay for his medical treatment.
- He was ill and stopped playing football at 11.
- He scored many goals for FC Barcelona.
- He won the Golden Ball twice.
Task 2. Choose the correct answer.
1.From 7 to 11 children in Britain go to __________.
A. infant school
B. high school
C. junior school
2. The British people celebrate __________ on the 31st of December.
B. Independence Day
C. Memorial Day
D. New Year’s Day
3. London is on the river __________ .
4. A typical British meal is ___________ .
A. fish and chips
B. frog legs
5. Big Ben is __________ .
A. a bus
B. a monster
C. a clock
D. a taxi
6. Queen Elizabeth II was born in __________.
Task 3. Choose the right option.
1. Do you want a pen? There are __________ in my bag.
2. I __________ a piece of fruitcake for breakfast every day.
A. ‘m having
B. ‘s having
3. They __________ the windows yesterday.
B. have washed
C. are washed
D. had washed
4. Has the theatre __________ our tickets yet?
C. is sending
5. I think I __________ a table for us.
B. will book
D. has booked
6. Vicky is shorter __________ Sue.
Task 4. Write some sentences about the picture.
- Where are the children? What game are they playing?
- Do you like playing football or watching football matches?
- Who is your favourite footballer? What football team are you a fan of?
- Do you go in for sports? What sports do you like?