Do Year 5 Test 9
Year 5 Test 9 is for the students of the fifth grade to check themselves and develop their reading and writing skills.
Task 1. Read the text and say whether the statements are true or false.
In 1620 a group of people who were called the Pilgrims came to America. They wanted to find a better life but life was not easy at first. They had little food and the winter was very cold. Some of them died during the first winter.
Indians, who lived in America, helped them to build houses and told how to grow fruit and vegetables. Also they gave them medicine for their illnesses. Pilgrims were very thankful to Indians. So next year in November 1621, when they had food and home they invited Indians and made a dinner for them. That dinner was the first Thanksgiving.
Nowadays, people in the USA celebrate Thanksgiving every year on the fourth Thursday of November. They celebrate it with family and friends. For dinner they prepare a big meal. Usually it is a turkey, potatoes and a pumpkin pie.
- Pilgrims came to America because they wanted to find Indians.
- Life in America was difficult at first.
- The first winter in America was difficult for the Pilgrims.
- Pilgrims built houses for Indians.
- In 1621 Pilgrims organized dinner for Indians.
- People celebrate Thanksgiving on the 4th November.
Task 2. Choose the correct answer.
1. British people like to drink __________.
2. They say __________ brings colored eggs for Easter in England
A. a bunny
B. a goose
C. a chicken
D. a puppy
3. The head of Great Britain is __________.
A. the President
B. the Queen
C. the Prime Minister
D. the Parliament
4. In Britain __________ brings children presents for Christmas.
A. Mary Poppins
B. Saint Nicholas
C. Santa Claus
D. Father Frost
5. Great Britain is in __________ .
6. You can buy buns at the ___________.
Task 3. Choose the right option.
1. Show me the __________ restaurant in the town.
B. more good
2. Sue __________ her room yesterday.
A. didn’t tidy
B. haven’t tidy
C. hasn’t tidy
D. didn’t tidied
3. Is there __________ milk in the fridge?
4. __________ you ever seen a whale?
5. Tomorrow she __________ visit her granny.
A. is going
B. is going to
C. will going to
D. will to
6. They met __________ midday.
Task 4. Write some sentences about the picture.
- Who do you see in the picture?
- Where are the people and what they are doing?
- How often do you go shopping and what you usually buy?