Do Year 5 Test 8
Year 5 Test 8 is for the students of the fifth grade to check themselves and develop their reading and writing skills.
Task 1. Read the text and say whether the statements are true or false.
A traditional English breakfast is a very big meal. People eat sausages, bacon, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms… But today many people just have only cereal with milk and sugar, or toast with marmalade, jam or honey. Marmalade and jam are different things! Marmalade is made from oranges and jam is made from other fruit. The traditional breakfast drink is tea. Many people have it with cold milk.
For many people lunch is a quick meal. For lunch workers usually go to sandwich bars. School children can have a hot meal at school, but many just take a snack from home. The evening meal is the main meal of the day for many people. They usually have it quite early, between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m., and often the whole family eats together.
The British like food from other countries too, especially Italian, French, Chinese and Indian. People often get takeaway meals – you buy the food at the restaurant and then bring it home to eat.
- Some people in Britain don’t eat traditional breakfast.
- Jam is made from oranges.
- Traditional breakfast drink is cold milk.
- Many school children have lunch at school.
- In the evening families go to sandwich bars.
- Takeaway food is food you buy in a restaurant and eat at home
Task 2. Choose the correct answer.
1. Halloween is in __________ every year.
2. The British people usually have ___________ in their living-room.
A. a fireplace
B. some plants
C. a mirror
D. a wardrobe
3. St. Paul’s Cathedral is in __________.
4. Happy birthday, Frank! – __________
A. Thank you.
B. This is for you!
C. You’re welcome.
D. I’ve got a present for you.
5. What’s his nationality? – He’s from Rome. He’s __________.
6. My mum’s a __________. She works at school.
B. shop assistant
Task 3. Choose the right option.
1.She __________ now.
A. are not cooking
B. does not cooking
C. will not cooking
D. is not cooking
2. When did you finish your work? – I finished it __________.
B. three days ago
D. next week
3. This is the monument I told you about. There are many flowers around __________.
4. Last month he __________ three large fish.
D. did catch
5. I’m __________ now than yesterday.
C. more good
6. How ___________ sugar do you need? – A packet.
Task 4. Write some sentences about the picture.
- Who do you see in the picture?
- Where are the people?
- Tell who likes fishing in your family and whether you can fish.
- Where and how often do you go fishing?