Do Year 5 Test 5
Year 5 Test 5 is for the students of the fifth grade to check themselves and develop their reading and writing skills.
Task 1. Read the text and say whether the statements are true or false.
Rebecca Stevens was the first woman to get to the top of Mount Everest. Before that she was a journalist and lived in a small flat in south London. In 1993, Rebecca left her job and travelled to Asia with some friends. She says that life on Everest is hard “You must carry everything in your bag, so you can take only what you need. You can’t wash on the mountain, because there is no water, only snow.”
It was the best moment in her life when Rebecca was on the top of Mount Everest in May, 1993. Suddenly she became famous. She wrote a book about the trip and people often ask her to talk about it. Now she works on television. Rebecca is well known today and she has more money, but she still lives in the little flat in London. In her flat she has many pictures and books about mountains!
- Before 1993 Rebecca was a journalist.
- Life on the mountain is not easy.
- It is possible to wash on the top of Everest.
- On the top of the mountain she read a book.
- She got to the top of the mountain in spring 1993.
- Now Rebecca doesn’t live in a big flat.
Task 2. Choose the correct answer.
1. __________ is an English-speaking country.
2. __________ has three parts: the City, the East End, the West End.
A. New York
3. __________ is the home place of the Queen.
A. The Tower of London
B. Covent Garden
C. Trafalgar Square
D. Buckingham Palace
4. British money is called __________.
5. London Zoo is in ____________.
A. Hyde Park
B. Regent’s Park
C. Green Park
D. Greenwich Park
6. London double deckers are usually ____________.
Task 3. Choose the right option.
1. Please, put this pencil in the box. – I’m putting __________ in the box.
2. There are __________ eggs on the table.
3. Can you help me? I __________ a post office.
A. am look for
B. am looking for
C. look for
D. looking for
4. Do you like New York City? – I don’t know. I __________ there.
A. never went
B. never gone
C. didn’t go
D. haven’t been
5. I’m __________ now than yesterday.
D. more good
6. This is the __________ ball.
Task 4. Write some sentences about the picture.
- Where are the people?
- What are they doing?
- Do you help your parents about the house?
- What are your most favourite chores?