Do Year 5 Test 4
Year 5 Test 4 is for the students of the fifth grade to check themselves and develop their reading and writing skills.
Task 1. Read the text and say whether the statements are true or false.
Ben is 12 years old. He is a very intelligent boy, but he is also very lazy. He doesn’t like doing his homework. He says it is boring. He prefers watching TV or surfing the Internet.
When he does his homework he often makes a lot of mistakes because he doesn’t pay attention to what he is writing. One day, his language teacher was very surprised when he read Ben’s composition about his Christmas holidays. There weren’t any mistakes in the composition, which was very unusual. Ben’s teacher was really happy, but he couldn’t believe that Ben had such a perfect work. He called Ben to his desk and asked him, “Did you do your composition by yourself?” Ben told that usually his sister helps him. But last time she was in hospital and didn’t help him.
Of course, Ben’s teacher advised him not to ask his sister to help him do his homework again.
- Ben is twenty years old.
- He enjoys doing his homework.
- When Ben does his homework, he is not very attentive.
- Ben made no mistakes in his composition about Christmas.
- He wrote the composition by himself.
- Usually his sister helps him do homework.
Task 2. Choose the correct answer.
1.Santa Claus puts presents into __________ .
C. the fireplace
2. In Britain people sing carols at __________ .
C. Mother’s Day
D. St Patrick’s Day
3. London is the capital of __________ .
4. In England people usually like to drink tea with __________ .
B. ice cream
D. milk and sugar
5. Charlie Chaplin was a famous __________ .
6. There are __________ crosses on Union Jack.
Task 3. Choose the right option.
1. – 4 9 – 8 6 – 0 4. What is the phone number? – ___________
B. four-eight -nine-six-nine-five
2. __________ she read this book every day?
3. The teachers __________ about holidays.
A. am speaking
B. is speaking
C. do speaking
D. are speaking
4. Are you washing up? – __________.
A. Yes, you is.
B. Yes, you are.
C. Yes, I am.
D. Yes, I are.
5. Your work is not very good. I’m sure you can do __________.
B. more good
D. the best
6. There isn’t __________ orange juice in the fridge.
Task 4. Write some sentences about the picture.
- What’s the weather like?
- Who do you see in this photo?
- Where are they?
- What are they doing?
- Tell about your winter holidays.
Leave A Comment