Do Test 3 to Check Yourself!
Year 5 Test 3 is for the students of the fifth grade to check themselves and develop their reading and writing skills.
Task 1. Read the text and say whether the statements are true or false.
THE WHITE HOUSE
The White House is the place where American President lives and works. The White house was built in 1800. It has six floors. There are 132 rooms, 35 bathrooms, and five kitchens, all on six floors. There are also 412 doors, 147 windows, 28 fireplaces, 8 staircases, and 3 elevators. There are pictures of old presidents on the walls.
President Theodore Roosevelt officially gave the White House its current name in 1901.
The President and his family live on the second and third floors. If the President has guests, they stay in special rooms. The office where the President works is called the Oval Office. Each new president chooses new curtains, new furniture, and a new carpet for his office.
About 200 people look after the building day and night. Outside, gardeners grow fruit and vegetables. There is also a tennis court, a gym, and a swimming pool. Inside there is a cinema, a billiard room and a library. As former President Reagan said, the White House is like an eight-star hotel! The White House is open to visitors. It is free. About 6,000 people a day visit it.
- The White House is more than 200 years old.
- The President lives on the sixth floor.
- Every new President chooses furniture for his office.
- The White House is a hotel.
- People can visit the White House and do not pay any money.
- Ronald Reagan gave the White House its name.
Task 2. Choose the correct answer.
1.London is on the river _____________.
2. The well-known English writer Daniel Defoe wrote the book _____________.
A. “Robinson Crusoe”
B. “Peter Pan”
C. “The Jungle Book”
D. “Gulliver’s Travels”
3. The British people usually have a _____________ in their living room.
C. music centre
4. The world popular game of British origin is _____________ .
5. The Tube is _____________ in London.
A. the metro
B. a famous museum
C. the Zoo
D. a park
6. Which of these countries is not part of the United Kingdom?
B. The Republic of Ireland
Task 3. Choose the right option.
1.It __________ hot in the morning.
2. He __________ Ukraine five years ago.
A. has visited
3. This is my Mum. – _______________
A. What’s his name?
B. What’s her name?
C. What’s his age?
D. Where’s his name?
4. How is life? – _____________
A. How are you?
B. Not at all.
C. Fine. Thanks.
D. Nothing to look at.
5. I __________ working with my personal computer.
6. The children __________ snowballs in winter.
C. are playing
D. have played
Task 4. Write some sentences describing the room in the photo.
- What kind of room is it?
- What pieces of furniture can you see in the room?
- Say whether you like or don’t like this room and why.