Do English Olympiad Year 10 Writing Test. These twenty situations for writing will help you improve your writing skills and prepare for English Olympiad and an exam.
Writing Comprehension for 10th Year Students
- In some countries today, there is an attitude that ‘anyone can do it’ in the arts – music, literature, acting, art, etc. As a result, people with no talent become rich and famous and genuine talent is not valued or appreciated. Do you agree or disagree?
- Financial education should be a mandatory component of the school program. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
- The ease of international travel and the spread of various kinds of mass media all over the world have made it more possible than ever for people to know how other people live in other countries. Do the advantages of this development overweigh the disadvantages?
- Tourism. Is it beneficial of harmful to your city/town and its people? What is on the plus side of tourism for your city/town? What are the disadvantages if any? Discuss, give reasons and explanations, provide examples.
- The pros and cons of the adoption of children. Talk about the idea of the child who is adopted and discuss the problems that might appear in the family where the child is adopted. Discuss the age of adoption. Provide examples from life or from the books concerning this problem. Suggest your own solutions.
- Young people can learn from the older generation. Discuss things, that in your opinion, are worth learning from the older generation. Why? How and in what spheres can it help younger people.
- We are becoming increasingly dependent on computers. They are used in business, crime detection and even to fly planes. What things will they be used for in future? Is this dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more suspicious of their benefits?
- In many countries children are engaged in some kind of paid work. Some people regard this as completely wrong, while others consider it as valuable work experience, important for learning and taking responsibility.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A person should never make an important decision alone. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
- The things you would change about the world.
- Teenagers often complain that they don’t know how to occupy their free time. Do you agree that it is a real problem?
- Tourism is a “big business” around the world. What is to be done to promote tourism in our country?
- Some people say that the Internet provides people with a lot of valuable information. Others think access to so much information creates problems. Which view do you agree with? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
- Everyone has his/her own ideas what is ‘cool’ and what is not. Write what is ‘cool’ for you, and what’s not ‘cool’ and give your reasons.
- Last year you spent your summer holiday in the country. One thing that impressed you greatly was the landscape. Use your memory and imagination and describe such a place in the country.
- We know pros and cons of living in the city and in the country. There are many jobs which are specific for the country. What are these jobs and what can be a leisure time activity or hobby in the country?
- There is a well-known proverb ‘The best doctors in the world are Doctor Diet, Doctor Quiet and Doctor Merryman’. Could you comment upon this opinion.
- Because of development in communication and transportation, countries are becoming more and more alike. How is your country becoming more similar to other places in the world? Use specific examples and details to support your answer.
- If you had the time and money to invent something new, what product would you develop? Use specific reasons and examples why this product is needed.
- Entertainers such as actors, singers, and comedians contribute as much to society as professionals such as doctors, engineers, and teachers. Do you agree or disagree? Use reasons and specific examples to support your opinion.
Which situations for writing in English Olympiad Year 10 Writing Test were:
the most difficult
the most interesting