Do English Olympiad Year 9 Writing Test. These twenty situations for writing will help you improve your writing skills and prepare for English Olympiad and an exam.
Writing Comprehension for 9th Year Students
- Books or films have played an important role in developing young minds, allowing them to travel to distant lands just by reading a few pages or watching any film. Write a short book review or a film review.
- They say, school is our second home, where we spend a lot of our teen’s life, but there is no ideal school in the world. Do you agree or not?
- The editor of our school magazine has requested articles for a special issue about close relationships. You have been invited to write a short article about a close person of yours.
- As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
- In some countries children have very strict rules of behavior, in other countries they are allowed to do almost anything they want. To what extent should children have to follow rules?
- Some people regard work as the most important thing in life and have little interest in anything else. Other people are more enthusiastic about their hobbies and leisure interests than their jobs. Discuss both these attitudes and give your own opinion.
- Should people read only those books that are about real events, real people and real established facts?
- Grades (marks) encourage pupils to learn. Use reasons to support your opinion.
- If you could make one important change in a school that you attend, what change would you make?
- Mobile telephones have become very popular nowadays. However, some people say that their use should be restricted. What can you say for and against using a mobile telephone?
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television has destroyed communication among friends and family. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
- Some people say that the Internet provides people with a lot of valuable information. Others think that access to so much information creates problems. Which view do you agree with? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
- It has been said, “Not everything that is learned is contained in books.” Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion, which source is more important? Why?
- The contrast between rural and urban life in your country. What are advantages and disadvantages living in the city or in the country?
- Modern gadgets really change our life.
- Pretend that you are writing a letter to Santa Claus. You will ask him to bring three gifts to three different people. Tell him what each gift is that you would like to give and tell him the reasons why you think that these people deserve such a gift.
- Write an essay for or against the following statement: People should be encouraged to get out of their cars and find other ways to travel, like public transportation or cycling and walking.
- If you would change one important thing about your hometown, what would you change? Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Playing a game is fun only when you win. Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Playing games teaches us about life. Use specific details to support your answer.
Which situations for speaking in English Olympiad Year 9 Speaking Test 1 were:
the most difficult
the most interesting