Would you like to cook Lviv Syrnyk?
I’m Liza and one of my hobbies is cooking. I cook together with my mum and grandma. We love cooking dishes of Ukrainian cuisine. We often bake cakes and pies together with granny. We sometimes cook Lviv Syrnyk. My Granny and I can cook this delicious dish and it is very tasty. We make it on special occasions. My granny gave me the recipe and I’d like to share with you.
Lviv Syrnyk is one of the most delicious desserts of Western Ukraine. It’s a true culinary treasure. Many pastry shops and coffee houses proudly include this cheesecake on their menu. This dessert is light, fluffy, silky-smooth and amazing with hot bitter drinks like black coffee and tea. Lviv Syrnyk is made with real high-fat homemade cheese. It is flavored with fresh lemon zest and juice and glazed with chocolate. A rich chocolate glaze coating gives the cake a delightfully sweet aftertaste. The cake just melts in the mouth.
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tea spoon of salt
- 2-3 tea spoon vanilla sugar
- 1 table spoon semolina
- 120 g sugar
- 80-85 g butter
- 400 g cottage cheese
- 60 g raisins
- 1 lemon
For chocolate coating
- 200 g chocolate
- 50-60 ml cream
- a handful of walnuts or berries for decoration
Instructions for Cooking
- Wash raisins. Place them in a bowl and pour hot water above. Leave the raisins for half an hour. Then pour off the water and put the raisins on a paper towel to let any excess water drip off.
- Separate whites and yolks into different bowls. Add salt, vanilla sugar, sugar, semolina, cottage cheese, and soft butter to the yolks. Grate the outer yellow lemon rind and add it to the mass.
- Mix everything with a blender until you get an even and smooth creamy texture.
- Add a pinch of salt to egg whites and whip them.
- Add the beaten whites and raisins to the cottage cheese mass. Stir the ingredients thoroughly.
- Grease the baking tray with butter or cover it with parchment paper.
- Your oven should be already preheated to 180°C – this kind of dough shouldn’t wait on a table until your oven will heat.
- Transfer the dough to the tray and spread it evenly.
- Bake the cake for 40-50 minutes at 180°C.
- When you take your cake out of the oven, slightly press it down with a slicing board to make the upper layer more even.
- Leave the cheesecake for 2-3 hours to let it cool completely. Then put syrnyk into the fridge for the whole night.
- The next morning put the cake on an oven rack upside down.
- Pour hot cream over the chopped chocolate and mix the mass until the chocolate dissolves completely.
- Pour the hot chocolate over the cheesecake to cover it all over. Leave syrnyk until the chocolate fully sets (around 40 minutes).
- The final step. Sprinkle the cheesecake with crushed walnuts or decorate it with berries. Lviv syrnyk is ready for serving.
- Enjoy your meal!
Based on: https://ukrainian-recipes.com/lviv-syrnyk-with-raisins-ukrainian-cheesecake.html