Possessive Case Exercise
Revise how the Possessive Case is formed and have practice doing Possessive Case Exercises.
Task 1. Translate into Ukrainian
- our teacher’s tablet
- the dogs’ hut
- the men’s sandwiches
- the woman’s budgies
- our baby’s toys
- the mice’s cage
- my friend’s car
- my friend’s cars
- my friends’ car
- my friends’ cars
Task 2. Choose the correct variant
- This is Julians’ / Julian’s book.
- He is Laura’s / Lauras’ brother.
- The children’s / childrens’ room is nice.
- Where is Nick’s / Nicks’ football?
- Our parents’ / parent’s van is big.
- My aunts’ / aunt’s family lives in Scotland.
- The Bakers’ / Baker’s house is green.
- My grandma’s / grandmas’ watch is always slow.
- These are my mum’s / mums’ keys.
- The secretaries’ / secretaries’s laptops are brand new.
Task 3. Use Possessive Case or of-phrase
- the camera / Tom
- the eyes / the cat
- the top / the page
- the daughter / Mr Smith
- the toys / the children
- the names / your friend
- the names / your friends
- the man / name
- the car / Mike
- the garden / our neighbours
- the birthday / my father
- the birthday / my cousins
- the car / my friends
- the dog / the boys
- the dress / Jane
- the ball / the girls
- the price / the coat
- the ring / Susan
- the rackets / the players
- the house / the Coopers
- the uncle / Bill
- the waiting room / the doctor
Task 4. Write apostrophe ‘s or the of-phrase
- (a glass) milk
- (my friend) bike
- (the window) room
- (Mr Smith) car
- (ten minutes) walk
- (the headteacher) office
- (the number) house
- (two days) work
- (the waiter) shoes
- (Britain) economy
Task 5. Is, Has or Possession (P)?
- Mike’s book is interesting. __
- John’s got Marylin’s pen. __ __
- My sister’s boyfriend’s car’s red. __ __ __
- Frank’s apple’s got a worm in it. __ __
- She’s got my dad’s bottle and it’s green. __ __ __
- Did you see my brother’s toys? __
- The cook’s in the kitchen. __
- Your uncle’s boat’s blue. __ __
- What’s your dad’s name? __ __
- When will our aunt’s car be ready? __