Year 7 Sport
Do Test 2 Focus on Sport
Task 1. Complete the text with the words from the word bank.
Word bank: fantastically, talent, distance, prizes, superhuman, hand, overturn, amazed, performed, Ukrainians, athletics, Ivano-Frankivsk.
There is hardly a nation in the world that has no tales about the men of great ____1____ strength. The ____2____ have also such stories and it may seem strange, there are still ____3____ strong men to be found among the Ukrainians who can walk around with four-hundred pounds in each ____4____ , who can ____5____eight-hundred pound truck wheels, who can pull five streetcars, coupled together for the ____6____ of sixty feet. The man who ____7____ all these stunts is Vasyl Virastiuk, the strongest person in Ukraine. He has taken part in and won ____8____ at the international strong-men contests and is considered to be one of the strongest men in the world.
Vasyl Virastiuk was born in the city of ____9____ in 1974. When in school he ____10____ his teachers by the show of strength. He went in for soccer, swimming, and freestyle wrestling. But when his brother Roman had taken him to ____11____ he discovered his best ____12____.
Task 2. Put the verbs in brackets into the Present Perfect Continuous.
- He ____________________ (to talk) with his coach for half an hour.
- The girls ____________________ (to skip) for five minutes.
- Tom ____________________ (to ride) a bicycle for two hours.
- I ____________________ (to learn) English since I was 7 years old.
- How long ____________________ (to train) children in the gym?
- My friend (to kick) a ball for twenty minutes.
Task 3. Choose the correct item to complete the sentences.
1.My brother _____ the tennis club last year.
b. has been attending
c. has attended
2. They _____ the competitions at the stadium now.
a. have been watching
b. is watching
c. are watching
3. There ____ indoor and outdoor sports games.
4. Sergiy Bubka _____ his physical education classes in school.
a. has begun
5. How long ___ Marina ____?
a. is training
b. has trained
c. has been training
6. I ____ already ____ a new pair of trainers.
a. have bought
b. is buying
c. has bought