Year 7 Focus on Sport
Do Test 1 Focus on Sport
Task 1. Complete the text with the words from the word bank.
Word bank: to kick, a fan, used to, kicking, transferred, players, busy, sons, music, Real, goals, well, soccer, a wife.
Born in Leytonstone on May 2, 1975, David Beckham was a Manchester United ___1___ from a very early age.
___2___ has always been the biggest thing in David Beckham’s life. He ___3___ to play for hours when he was a child. Beckham and his father used to ___4___ the ball around until it was too dark to see each other. Because he was always ___5___ the ball around, David Beckham never did ___6___ at school.
When he was 16 he went to play soccer for Manchester United Team. By 1996, David Beckham was a regular player with the team and one of the most popular ___7___ in England. In 2003, David Beckham was ___8___ to Real Madrid for $40 million.
David Beckham makes more than $15 million dollars playing for ___9___. Beckham now owns seven cars. When David Beckham is not scoring ___10___ for his team, he spends time with his ___11___, Victoria Adams and their ___12___ Brooklyn (born in March, 1999) and Romeo (born in September, 2002). They also have two dogs named Snoop and Puffy. So between scoring goals and making ___13___ his family keeps him very ___14___.
Task 2. Choose the correct item to complete the sentences.
1.Jack ______ the sports club two years ago.
b. had joined
c. has joined
2. He couldn’t help you because he _____ train hard for the competition.
a. has to
b. have to
c. had to
3. The coach _____ satisfied with my sports results.
4. Mike _____ for five years and he has achieved good results.
b. has trained
c. has been training
5. How long _____ he ______?
a. has swum
b. has been swimming
c. is swimming
6. How many medals ____ she _____?
a. has won
b. is winning
c. has been winning
Task 3. Put the verbs in brackets into the Present Perfect Continuous Tense.
- I _________________ (to play) tennis since I was six years old.
- They_________________ (to build) a new sports center for two years.
- We _________________ (to watch) the football match for half an hour.
- The boys _________________ (to train) for three hours.
- How long _________________(you, to play) in this team?
- He is tired. He _________________ (to run) two miles.