Develop your speaking and writing skills
Do Speaking Writing Test 10 Year 7
Speak about London. Say what you have learned about:
- the city’s location
- the river it stands on
- its history
- the city’s landmarks
- its famous people
- the sights you would like to visit and why.
Task 1. Choose the correct variant.
1. There’s ________ bread on the table.
b. a few
d. a little
2. How ________ lemons are there in the bag?
3. Do you need ________ help with your homework?
b. a few
4. There’s ________ milk left in the cup.
b. a little
c. a few
5. Mark went to the zoo last Sunday. – ______________________
a. So does Frank.
b. Neither did Frank.
c. So did Frank.
d. As do Frank.
6. Mike can’t skate well. – ______________________
a. Neither can Dan.
b. So can Nataly.
c. Neither could Carol.
d. So could Nataly.
7. She likes _________ horrors _________ thrillers, because her favourite kinds of films are comedies and love stories.
a. and … and
b. neither … nor
c. either … or
d. or … or
8. They could __________ swim __________ sunbathe all day long because the weather was fine and sunny.
a. nor … or
b. either … or
c. neither … nor
d. as … as
Task 2 a. Put the verbs in brackets into the Present Perfect Continuous Tense.
- I ______________________ (not to work) in the garden for half an hour.
- Johnny looks tired. He ___________________ (to drive) the car for five hours.
b. Complete the questions with the correct question tags.
- She isn’t happy, _________________ ?
- Dogs don’t eat fish, _______________?
3. Rewrite the given sentences in the Passive Voice.
- He often checks the battery in the car. ______________________________________________
- They planted twenty bushes._____________________________________________________
- The man drives this car.________________________________________________________
- My parents bought me a new mobile phone for my successful studying.________________________