Develop your speaking and writing skills
Do Speaking Writing Test 9 Year 7
Speak about the things you usually do at home. Give some information about:
- whether you like to work about the house
- what household duties each member of your family has
- what you did about the house yesterday
- whether your parents were glad about it
- whether you keep your things in the right places
- whether it is important to keep your house clean and tidy.
Task 1. Choose the correct variant.
1. Do you need ______ help with your work?
2. It’s cold. Don’t open ______ windows.
3. I need ______ information about trains to Kyiv.
d. a few
4. I want ______ glass of water.
5. She sent me an email. – ___________________
a. So do I.
b. Neither did I.
c. So did I.
d. As do I.
6. He won’t come to the party. – ___________________
a. Neither would I.
b. Neither will I.
c. Neither do I.
d. Either will I.
7. The room is in a mess. This can be _______ Paul _______ Tim. They both have been there recently.
a. either … or
b. or … or
c. neither … nor
d. so … as
8. He has never been to the village. _______ his mother’s _______ his father’s parents live in the village.
a. Either … or
b. Neither … nor
c. And … and
d. As … as
Task 2. a) Put the verbs in brackets into the Present Perfect Continuous Tense.
- Helen ________________________ (to clean) the carpets with the vacuum cleaner for half an hour.
- Her husband _________________________ (to fish) for five hours already.
b) Complete the questions with the correct question tags.
- You are happy to be back at school, __________ ?
- Your friend has read many English books, __________ ?
Task 3. Rewrite the given sentences in the Passive Voice.
- She milks the cow three times a day. _______________________________________________
- Ann bought a beautiful dress. ____________________________________________________
- The workers cut down many trees in the yard. _________________________________________
- My friend writes interesting stories. ________________________________________________
Task 4. Write a short story answering the following questions:
- Why do people go in for sports?
- What are the most popular physical activities among the boys and girls of your age?
- How does sport influence our body and mind?
- What is your favourite kind of sports?