Develop your speaking and writing skills
Do Speaking Writing Test 8 Year 7
You are going to visit London during your summer holidays. Tell about your plans. Give some information about:
- why you’re going to London
- where you want to go
- what sights you want to see
- where you would like to live
- what souvenirs you will take to your host family
- how long you’re planning to stay there.
Task 1 . Choose the correct variant.
1. She is eating ________ orange.
2. We haven’t got ________ flour to make a cake.
3. I need ________ information about planes to London.
4. There’s ________ tea left in the cup.
b. a little
c. a few
5. Tom is very kind. -_____________
a. Neither does Kate.
b. So did Kate.
c. So is Kate.
d. As did Kate.
6. The boys didn’t play football in the yard. – _____________
a. So did the girls.
b. Neither do the girls.
c. Neither did the girls.
d. As didn’t the girls.
7. ________ Nora ________ Helen can meet her at the station. They both have their day off.
a. As … as
b. Neither … nor
c. Either … or
d. Or … or
8. ________ Steve ________ Taras watched that film on TV yesterday. They were playing football.
a. Neither … nor
b. Either … or
c. And … and
d. So … as
Task 2. a. Put the verbs in brackets into the Present Perfect Continuous Tense.
- She ______________________ (to live) in this flat for half a year.
- They ______________________(to help) their mum since five o’clock.
b. Complete the questions with the correct question tags.
- You didn’t eat my ice cream, __________ ?
- He will need different colours to paint this picture, __________ ?
Task 3. Rewrite the given sentences in the Passive Voice.
- I broke my arm yesterday._________________________________________________
- The woman cooked spaghetti. ______________________________________________
- They teach French at school. _______________________________________________
- She eats chocolate when she’s upset. __________________________________________
Task 4. Write what food you usually prefer and why. Give some information about:
- food you like/dislike
- your favourite dish
- what you can cook yourself
- where you prefer to buy food, explain your choice.