Develop your speaking and writing skills
Do Speaking Writing Test 7 Year 7
Look at the advertisement below and say what activities are offered by the Sports Centre. Would you like to go to a sports centre like this? Why/Why not?
WESTWAY SPORTS CENTRE
A very special sports centre
three basic sports:
CLIMBING, TENNIS, FOOTBALL
• The largest climbing wall
• 6 all-weather football pitches
• 8 indoor tennis courts
• 4 outdoor tennis courts
• Fitness facilities
• A café
• Car parking available
Task 1 . Choose the correct variant.
1. I saw _______ nice trousers in a shop yesterday.
2. It’s _______ old book I found.
3. There were too _______ people in the street.
b. a few
c. a lot of
4. That’s not enough! We have only _______ oranges.
a . little
5. Susan is always ready to help people. – _______
a. Neither is Nick.
b. So is Nick.
c. So isn’t Nick.
d. As do Nick.
6. I can’t understand this rule. – _______
a. So can he.
b. Neither can she.
c. Neither will she.
d. As can’t she.
7. When I go to the café, I eat _______ fruit salad _______ ice cream. These are my favourite desserts.
a. either … or
b. so … as
c. neither … nor
d. as … as
8. You can visit _______ your friend _______ telephone him. He is not in Ukraine at the moment.
a. and … and
b. neither … nor
c. either … or
d. or … or
Task 2. a. Put the verbs in brackets into the Present Perfect Continuous Tense.
- Let me have a rest. I _____________________(to dig) in the garden all day long.
- Mrs Brown _____________________ (to sweep) in the yard since early morning.
b. Complete the questions with the correct question tags.
1. Helen has watched many English films on TV, __________?
2. It is interesting to watch them playing volleyball, __________?
Task 3. Rewrite the given sentences in the Passive Voice.
- Tim cleans his room twice a week.
- Sam took some photographs.
- Frank forgot his umbrella.
- I buy food and other things in the supermarket.
Task 4. Imagine that you have been to London during your holidays. You had a chance to visit many interesting places. Choose one and write about this place. Give some information about:
- its location;
- its interesting things;
- its history;
- what attracted you most of all.