Develop your speaking and writing skills
Do Speaking Writing Test 6 Year 7
Speak about the heart of our capital — Khreshchatyk. Give some information about:
- how the street got its name;
- why Khreshchatyk attracts visitors;
- what kind of place it was many years ago;
- what the street looks like today;
- why it is especially beautiful in spring;
- what people can enjoy doing on Sundays in the centre of Kyiv.
Task 1. Choose the correct variant.
1. We live in _____ small cottage by the lake.
2. Do you have _____ time to read the review?
3. We don’t have _____ milk left.
4. There’s _____ rice on the plate.
d. a few
5. He repaired his bike. – __________
a. Neither did she.
b. So does she.
c. So did she.
d. As does she.
6. They won’t buy this car. – __________
a. So will we.
b. Neither will we.
c. Neither can we.
d. As are we.
7. You can use ______ this computer ______ the other one. Someone must fix them first.
a. so … as
b. either … or
c. neither … nor
d. and … and
8. ______ Ben ______ Tom watered the tomatoes. They are wet.
a. Or … nor
b. Either … or
c. Or … or
d. Neither … nor
Task 2. a. Put the verbs in brackets into the Present Perfect Continuous Tense.
1. Monika __________________________ (not to type) letters since 9 o’clock.
2. My hands are dirty. I _________________________ (to paint) the walls.
b. Complete the questions with the correct question tags.
1. Brian invited all his friends, __________ ?
2. You will help me, ___________ ?
Task 3. Rewrite the given sentences in the Passive Voice.
- They built the house a few years ago. _________________________________________________
- He wrote this book. ____________________________________________________________
- I bake tasty pastries every weekend. _________________________________________________
- Kate usually watches TV in the evening. _______________________________________________
Task 4. Write about the person in your family you admire. Give some information about:
- the person in your family you admire;
- what makes him/her so special to you;
- what he/she teaches you to do;
- if you want to be like this person.