Develop your speaking and writing skills
Do Speaking Writing Test 5 Year 7
Speak about your plans of organizing a party. Give some information about:
- what the theme of the party may be
- where you would like to have it
- who you will invite
- what you need for the planned event
- who will help you
- how you will advertise your party
Task 1. Choose the correct variant.
1.Don’t forget to buy _____ cheese.
c. a few
2. There’s _____ coffee in the cup.
3. I want _____ paper, please.
4. Is there _____ more juice?
5. Greg’s mother won’t soon arrive after the parents’ meeting. – _______
a. Neither will Dan’s mother.
b. So will Carol’s mother.
c. So does Jim’s mother.
d. As does Mary’s mother.
6. Doris looks fine. – _________
a. So do I.
b. So did I.
c. So will I.
d. So was I.
7. Kate needs _____ your help _____ your advice. She can do everything alone.
a. and … and
b. neither … nor
c. either … or
d. or … or
8. Mike can _____ use this car _____ the other one. Both are very fast.
a. as … so
b. either … or
c. or … or
d. neither … nor
Task 2. a. Put the verbs in brackets into the Present Perfect Continuous Tense.
1. My mum ____________________(to do) aerobics for ten years.
2. I _____________________(to wait) for you at the station for two hours already.
b. Complete the questions with the correct question tags.
1. Their house is in the beautiful countryside, __________?
2. Your mother hasn’t bought any English books, __________?
Task 3. Rewrite the given sentences in the Passive Voice.
- Meg asked the policeman for directions._______________________________________________
- Their granny takes them for a walk every day.___________________________________________
- Greg opened the door. __________________________________________________________
- We play tennis every Tuesday. _____________________________________________________
Task 4. Write about the place you live in. Give some information about:
- its location on the map of Ukraine
- its nature and attractive places
- why you are proud of living there
- what you would like to change to make it look better.