Develop your speaking and writing skills
Do Speaking Writing Test 4 Year 7
Speak about your family traditions. Give some information about:
- how big your family is
- what each member of your family likes doing in their free time
- what things you usually do together
- what holidays you often celebrate
- what holiday food you like to cook
- how you decorate your house.
Task 1. Choose the correct variant.
1. There is _____ wine in the bottle.
2. There are _____ sheep on the farm.
3. It’s hot. Open _____ windows.
4. How _____ bottles are there in the bag?
5. He would love a cup of tea. – _____
a. As will I.
b. So will I.
c. Neither would I.
d. So would I.
6. Bob can’t play football very well. – _____
a. So can I.
b. Neither can I.
c. So could I.
d. Either could I.
7. You can use _____ this computer _____ the other one. Someone must fix them first.
a. either … or
b. neither .. nor
c. or … or
d. and … and
8. We can eat _____ just now_____ after the show — it’s up to you.
a. or … or
b. either … or
c. or … nor
d. neither … nor
2. a. Put the verbs in brackets into the Present Perfect Continuous Tense.
- I’m very tired. I ____________________________ (to work) hard.
- He ____________________________ (not to work) on a new film since February.
b. Complete the questions with the correct question tags.
- Boys sometimes go fishing in the pond in the morning, ___________?
- My friend will go boating down the river, ___________?
3. Rewrite the given sentences in the Passive Voice.
- Harry ate two apples.
- She plays a leading role in this film.
- They gather mushrooms in the forest.
- We did the homework yesterday evening.
4. Write a letter to your pen friend who lives in the USA about traditional celebrations and traditional family holidays in your country:
- what this holiday/tradition is and when it is celebrated
- which of your family members like it most
- what things you usually prepare for this day
- Ask about traditions in your friend’s family and in his/her country.