It is important to recycle as much of your waste as you can. Using recycled materials to make new products uses less energy and means that we do not need to extract more raw materials from the earth. It also means that less rubbish is created so, the amount being put into landfill is reduced.
You can learn more about recycling and its benefits at www.recyclenow.com. At this website you can also find out what you can recycle at home and in the local area if you live in England.
A good way to support your local community is to shop for products locally where you can. This will help businesses and farmers in your area. It will also reduce your carbon footprint, because the products you buy will not have had to travel as far.
Walking and using public transport to get around when you can is also a good way to protect the environment. It means that you create less pollution than when you use a car.
Read why recycling is important
Recycling is one of the best ways for you to have a positive impact on the world in which we live. Recycling is important to both the natural environment and us. There are three factors when thinking about how to recycle – the three R’s: Reduce – Reuse – Recycle. We must act fast as the amount of waste we create is increasing all the time.
The amount of rubbish we create is constantly increasing because:
- Increasing wealth means that people are buying more products and ultimately creating more waste.
- Increasing population means that there are more people on the planet to create waste.
- New packaging and technological products are being developed, much of these products contain materials that are not biodegradable.
- New lifestyle changes, such as eating fast food, means that we create additional waste that isn’t biodegradable.
Recycling Is Important for Environment
Recycling is very important as waste has a huge negative impact on the natural environment.
- Harmful chemicals and greenhouse gasses are released from rubbish in landfill sites. Recycling helps to reduce the pollution caused by waste.
- Habitat destruction and global warming are some the affects caused by deforestation. Recycling reduces the need for raw materials so that the rainforests can be preserved.
- Huge amounts of energy are used when making products from raw materials. Recycling requires much less energy and therefore helps to preserve natural resources.
Recycling Is Important To People
Recycling is essential to cities around the world and to the people living in them.
- No space for waste. Our landfill sites are filling up fast, almost all landfills will be full.
- Reduce financial expenditure in the economy. Making products from raw materials costs much more than if they were made from recycled products.
- Preserve natural resources for future generations. Recycling reduces the need for raw materials; it also uses less energy, therefore preserving natural resources for the future.
All in all, recycling has many benefits and it is something that everyone can do.
What should be done
It is simple and easy. All you need to do is remember to sort our your rubbish and put your glass, paper and metal into different bins. Many councils actually provide these recycling bins and empty them regularly.
There are three main steps in recycling. First, we collect these items, then we prepare them into a material which we finally use to make new products. The items that are typically recycled are aluminium cans, glass bottles, paper, wood and plastic.
Based on: http://www.recycling-guide.org.uk