What are your future career plans?
Get ready to speak about your career choices.
These ideas can help you speak about your future career plans.
- In the future, I may enjoy being a computer programmer because I am keen on trying computer techniques.
- I am recommended to be a reporter because I like to communicate with people.
- I want to be a hairdresser because I like to see women with beautiful hairdos and try to do them myself.
- I’ll be a mechanic like my dad because I am fond of repairing cars.
- My teacher suggested choosing the career of a technician.
- What profession does your mom suggest choosing?
- I am good at making dresses, my mom suggests becoming a dress designer.
- I think it’ll be my choice.
- What profession do your parents recommend choosing?
- I’d like to be a driver because driving is my favorite activity.
- Are you planning on going to college?
- I have to go to college if I want to follow my dream and become a doctor.
- Bill wants his hair cut, he must go to the barber’s.
- What are your future career plans?
- I don’t plan on working on my minimum wage job forever.
- I don’t want to follow my father in his profession of a lawyer.
- I want to make lots of money.
- I haven’t yet decided what to do in the future.
- I am not sure what I want to do with my life.
- I really like animals and I want to be a vet.
- I think you can get a certificate for a vet assistant at a junior college.
- It took my cousin two years to get her training and certification.
- You should find a job that makes you feel happy.
- He works as an accountant in a bank.
- She makes a good salary.
- It’s important to support yourself and be able to buy things that you want.
- It’s hard to imagine a miserable rich person.
- Are you saying that you would rather be poor and happy than rich and miserable?
- It’s ideal if you can combine a good satisfying job with a high paying salary.
- She likes teaching but it doesn’t get a very high salary.
- I am sure you will reach your goals if you keep working hard.
- Sam earns good wages for his work.
- You are going to make a very good doctor.
- I believe that money brings independence.
- I believe that success comes only from hard work.
- I would like to apply for a college.
- Ann likes making good pictures and she wants to become a photographer.
- Phil practices helping sick animals and he wants to be a vet.
- Lucy appreciates cooking and she wants to become a cook.
- Paul keeps helping his dad in the garage repairing cars and he wants to be a mechanic.
- Helen is recommended to be a hairdresser because she likes to do hairdos.
- Bill is suggested to be a sailor because he enjoys traveling by sea.
minimum wage job – робота з мінімальною заробітною платнею
lawyer – юрист, адвокат
account – рахунок, рахувати
salary – платня, оклад
wages – заробітна плата
to follow one’s dream – слідувати мрії
to follow somebody’s profession – наслідувати чиюсь професію
to get training and certification – одержати підготовку та посвідчення
to get a certificate – одержати посвідчення (свідоцтво, сертифікат)
to make a good salary – добре заробляти
to make a good (doctor, teacher) – стати хорошим (лікарем, вчителем)
to reach a goal – досягти мети
Paul wants to follow his dream to become a doctor and help sick people. He doesn’t want to follow his father in his profession of a lawyer. Paul would like to try Harvard or Yale. Paul wants to support himself and be able to buy things that he wants. Paul would like to combine a good satisfying job with a high paying salary. He is sure he will reach his goals. Thanks to his hard work he is going to make a good doctor.
Ann loves animals so she would like to go to Veterinary College where she can get training and certification. Ann can start by becoming a veterinary assistant. Ann is known as a hard worker and she doesn’t want to work on a minimum wage job.