Develop your speaking and writing skills
Do Speaking Writing Test 1 Year 8
Talk about your favourite kind of sports. Give some information about:
— how often you go in for sports;
— a kind of sports you prefer;
— why you like it;
— how long you are usually able to train;
— what results you would like to achieve with the help of sports;
— what you think about a healthy lifestyle, explain your point of view.
Task 1. Choose the correct item.
1. I have never been to … Tate Gallery.
a. a b. the c. — d. any
2. It was … lovely holiday.
a. the b. — c. a d. some
3. I’ll meet you … Sunday morning.
a. in b. at c. on d. of
4. We’ll be … the kitchen.
a. at b. for c. on d. in
5. Jane is two years … than Jack.
a. older b. elder c. — d. the oldest
6. … you get out in the rain, you’ll catch cold.
a. When b. If c. And d. But
7. If you … your task in an hour, we will play a new computer game.
a. had done b. will do c. did d. do
8. I will go home as soon as the lessons … over.
a. be b. will be c. are d. were
Task 2. Write down the correct forms of the verbs to complete the sentences.
Mary always _________ (to have) a lot of things to do. At the moment she _________ (to prepare) for her geography lesson. She _________ (to write) a project about the mountains of Great Britain. She _________ (to work) in the computer lab.
Task 3. Report the following sentences.
1. Ann said: «We had a test in English yesterday».
2. Mark asked: «Pete, will you help me with mathematics?»
3. Alice asked Ann: «When did you get up?»
4. Vicky says: «I always have a shower in the morning».
Task 4. You are going to live with a host family in England. Write a letter with information about yourself.
Include the following information:
- introduce yourself;
- talk about your school and family;
- your hobbies and interests.
Start like this:
Dear Mr and Mrs Wilson,
I am your new exchange student. ____________________________________________________________________________