Who is your favourite singer?
Hi, I’m Diana and my favourite singer is Marshmello electronic music producer and DJ from the USA.
He was born on May 19, 1992. His real name is Christopher Comstock. Marshmello wears a white custom helmet, which looks like marshmello, for public appearances.
He first gained international recognition by releasing remixes of songs by American DJ duo Jack U and Russian-German DJ Zedd. He is best known for the songs “Silence“, “Wolves“, “Friends“, and “Happier”, all of which have been certified multi-platinum in several countries and appeared in the Top 30 of the Billboard Hot 100. Marshello has his music channel on YouTube, where he has more than 31 million subscribers. He is famous not only in English-speaking countries but in Ukraine as well. For a long time no one knew who was hiding behind the mask.
Marshmellow’s musical style includes groove-oriented, synth and bass-heavy electronic dance music. Marshmello has been awarded Best Electronic at the 2018 MTV Europe Music Awards, his first major award win.
- His debut studio album, Joytime, was released in January 2016, which included the lead single and Marshmello’s debut single “Keep It Mello“.
- Marshmello’s second song in 2016, a platinum-certified single titled “Alone“, was released in May via the Canadian record label Monstercat. Having peaked on the US Billboard Hot 100 at number 60, it became his first single to be certified platinum in the US and Canada with over a million copies of certified units.That year, he released three subsequent singles.
- In 2017, after releasing singles such as “Chasing Colors“, “Twinbow” and “Moving On“, Marshmello collaborated with American R&B singer Khalid to release “Silence” as a single, which was certified platinum and multi-platinum in eight countries.
- Succeeding another single, one of his best-selling singles, a collaboration with American singer Selena Gomez, titled “Wolves” was released.
- His second single of 2018, titled “Friends“, a collaboration with British singer Anne-Marie, was released.
- Months later, his second studio album, Joytime II, was released with singles “Tell Me” and “Check This Out“.
- Marshmello’s highest-charting song on the Billboard Hot 100 in the United Kingdom, titled “Happier“, a collaboration with British band Bastille, was released in August. He was named by Forbes in eighth place on their annual ranking of the world’s highest-paid DJs in 2017 as he earned $21 million in the twelve months prior June 2017.
Marshmello electronic music producer and DJ is popular among teenagers. I really like his songs because he sings about such life problems, which are close to mine.