Fun and Interesting Electric Guitar Facts
Did you know that playing the guitar boosts your creativity and confidence?
The guitar is a musical instrument that usually has six strings. It is typically played with both hands by plucking the strings with either a guitar pick or the fingers of one hand, while simultaneously pressing the strings against the frets with the fingers of the other hand. The sound of the vibrating strings is projected either acoustically, by means of the hollow chamber of the guitar (for an acoustic guitar), or through an electrical amplifier and a speaker.
The guitar is traditionally constructed from wood and strung with strings.
There are three main types of modern acoustic guitar:
- the classical guitar (Spanish guitar/nylon-string guitar)
- the steel-string acoustic guitar
- the so called “jazz guitar”.
The classical guitar is often played as a solo instrument. The accoustic bass guitar is one octave below a regular guitar.
Play with your heart, sing with your soul
Interesting Electric Guitar Facts
- Electric guitars, introduced in the 1930s, use an amplifier and a loudspeaker that both make the sound of the instrument loud enough for the performers and audience to hear.
- There are a number of types of electric guitars, including hollowbody guitars, archtop guitars used in jazz, blues and rockabilly (a type of popular music combining elements of rock’n’roll and country music) and solid-body guitars, which are widely used in rock music.
- Electric guitars had one of the most profound impacts on the music history of modern world which enabled the creation of many new genres and changed the sound of many old genres.
- Today, electric guitar or electric bass guitar is an integral part of almost every popular band on the planet.
- Electric guitars are today used as a primary instrument in countless music genres, including rock, pop, blues, jazz, metal, punk, reggae, R & B, and many others.
- Electric guitars can have a hollow, semi-hollow and solid body. They don’t rely on chamber acoustic to produce tones.
- Electric guitars types are – solid body, chambered bodies, semi-acoustic, full hollow-body, and electric acoustic.
- There are also many string bridge and neck variants, including one string, four string, seven strings, eight string, nine string, ten string, twelve string, and double neck guitar.
- Electric bass is almost as widespread use as the normal electric guitar.