Learn proverbs and sayings about love and read students thoughts on what love is.
I asked my seventeen-year-old students to answer a very easy and at the same time a very difficult question “What is love?” and was so touched to get the answers of deep understanding and wisdom. I’m sure it is love that makes the world go round. Read and leave your comment. What do you think love is?
Students Thoughts About Love
Proverbs and Sayings About Love
Proverbs express thoughtds of wisdom based on common sense or experience.
Match proverbs and sayings about love with their translation.
- It is love that makes the world go round.
- Love cannot be forced.
- All is fair in love and war.
- Love is blind as well as hatred.
- Love in a cottage.
- Love is neither bought nor sold.
- Love should not be all on one side.
- Faults are thick where love is thin.
- Unlucky in love, lucky at play.
- Любовь не продается и не покупается.
- Когда любви мало, то недостатков много.
- С милым рай и в шалаше.
- Несчастлив в любви, да счастлив в игре.
- В любви и на войне все средства хороши.
- Любовь слепа, также как и ненависть.
- Любовь должна быть взаимной.
- Нельзя заставить любить.
- Любовь движет миром.
“She walks in beauty like the night …”
Lord Byron, from ‘She Walks in Beauty’
“Absence diminishes mediocre passions and increases great ones, as the wind blows out candles and fans fires.”
“Men are motivated when they feel needed while women are motivated when they feel cherished.”
John Gray (author: ‘Men are from Mars Women are from Venus’)
“Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.”
“Love me when I least deserve it, because that’s when I really need it.”
“It’s your unlimited power to care and to love that can make the biggest difference in the quality of your life.”
“You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving.”
“Live simply, laugh often, love deeply.”