Do you want to be a computer programmer?
In the future, I may enjoy being a computer programmer because I am keen on trying computer techniques and working with computers is always fun and exciting for me.
People with jobs in the career field of IT use computers, software, networks, servers, and other technology to manage and store data. There is growing demand in various jobs in the field of information technologies nowadays.
It is important to understand that the work of the programmer can be different: some of them work for a small agency, some for a huge company, others are freelance or have their own business. I’d like to work for a big company.
In order to be a successful IT specialist you must possess some skills and personal qualities. The most important ones are the following: being able to think logically, love to solve problems, persistence and patience. A computer programmer must be able to find the most efficient way to solve the problem.
I want my future job be interesting and well-paid. People say that money isn’t everything, but it certainly does help because it gives independence and freedom. I’d like to combine a good satisfying job with a high paying salary.
What are pros and cons of being an IT specialist?
The advantages of being an IT specialist are the following:
- relatively high wage level
- growing demand on the labor market
- constant learning; companies often welcome professional growth of their employees and pay for trainings, conferences and courses
- good working conditions; it is usually quiet and comfortable in an office
- the work is often creative; solving non-standard tasks using wit is exactly what programmers are paid for
- can work remotely; it allows to choose a comfortable place to live and work.
The negative sides are:
- sedentary work in front of computer screen
- the work can be boring
- there is not much communication
- in small projects, you have to be a jack-of-all-trades person
Taking into consideration all pros and cons I came to the conclusion that the profession of a computer programmer offers great opportunities, because the future of our society is connected with the development of information technologies. I am sure I will reach my goal if I keep working hard.