Have practice in writing an informal letter.
Some English friends have been visiting your country and they love your favourite family meal. They want to cook it when they get home to London.
Write a recipe for them.
The recipe should be 60 -70 words long and include the following points:
- List the ingredients.
- Explain what equipment is needed.
- Give instructions how to cook it.
- Suggest how to serve it.
How are you? It was cool that you visited my country and spent unforgettable time with my family. I have heard from my mother that you loved my mom’s specialty but you forgot to take the recipe of her special salad.
I’ll write it to you with pleasure.
To make the salad you need such ingredients:
- canned pineapples
You will need the following equipment:
- a cutting board
- a grater
- a knife
- a big dish
- a pan
Here there are the instructions how to cook this salad:
- Firstly, boil the chicken for 40 min and don’t forget to salt it.
- Secondly, cut pineapples into small cubes.
- Thirdly, chop the boiled chicken.
- Then, grate the cheese and mix it with mayonnaise.
- After that take a big dish and put the ingredients in layers: the first layer of chicken, then pineapples and the grated cheese with mayonnaise on top.
Bob, can you do me a favour, please? My mom has always wanted to cook a pumpkin pie. I remember you told about your Granny’s delicious pumpkin pie. Email me the recipe, will you? Great thanks.