Read the text and put the sentences in the correct order.
I don’t think that boys have to do any work about the house. They shouldn’t wash up or tidy their room. Boys should help their fathers. I’m happy to spend my free time with my father. He is clever and can do a lot of things. My father has taught me to fix a radio and a computer. We painted the windows and the door of our country house last summer. My father also wants to teach me to drive a car.
And Alice, my younger sister, has to help our mother. She vacuums the carpets, waters the flowers and buys bread and milk in the shop.
The only thing my father does in the kitchen is cooking. He likes to cook meat and I’m always glad to help him. My father says that a real man must cook tasty meat dishes.
___ a) I’m glad to spend my free time with father.
___ b) My father cooks tasty meat dishes.
___ c) Boys shouldn’t do any work about the house.
___ d) My sister Alice helps our mother with some house chores.
Choose the correct variant to complete the sentences.
1. The boys shouldn’t … .
a. fix things
d. wash up
2. I … to spend my free time with my father.
d. don’t want
3. My sister Alice has to … .
a. go shopping
c. paint the windows
d. drive a car
4. In the kitchen my father enjoys … .
b. washing up
c. fixing things
Write short answers to the questions.
1. Who should boys help?
2. What has my father taught me to fix?
3. What house chores does my sister do?
4. What must a real man do?
Complete the sentences with the words: wavy, floor, symbols, helpful.
- Each country has its national _____________.
- Mike is always ready to help everybody because he is a very ___________ boy.
- Tina is a very pretty girl with long ______________ hair and full lips.
- Our classroom is on the second ______________ .
Choose the correct form of the verbs to complete the sentences.
1. … you always … your hair in the evening?
a. Do … wash b. Are … washing c. Did … wash d. Have … washed
2. Vicky … the flowers yesterday.
a. doesn’t water b. isn’t watering c. won’t water d. didn’t water
3. Who … you at the bus stop tomorrow?
a. meets b. will meet c. met d. has met
4. My granny … a cake now.
a. bakes b. is baking c. baked d. has baked
Write a letter to your pen friend about your country. Use the plan below:
- the name of your country;
- the capital of the country and the national symbols;
- national holidays and traditions;
- the people of your country.