Read the text and put the sentences in the correct order.
Linda is short and fat. She has got small eyes, a small nose and long wavy hair. Linda doesn’t help about the house a lot. She doesn’t like cooking, shopping or ironing. She thinks that playing computer games isn’t interesting. Her hobby is travelling and taking photos, and she has already visited some countries.
Linda is a clever girl – she can speak English well, and she understands French and Italian. She also wants to learn German. Linda has got many friends in different countries and she often gets e-mails from them.
Linda enjoys writing stories about her friends. When she grows up, she wants to be a journalist. Then she can travel around the world, meet interesting people and write about them.
___ a) Linda doesn’t do the house chores.
___ b) Linda wants to be a journalist and travel all over the world.
___ c) Linda is a short and fat girl with small eyes and long hair.
___ d) Linda is fond of travelling and has got friends in other countries.
Choose the correct variant to complete the sentences.
1.Linda’s hair is … .
2. Linda … cooking and ironing.
3. Linda doesn’t understand … .
4. In her free time Linda likes … .
a. playing computer gamesb
c. washing up
Write short answers to the questions.
1. Why doesn’t Linda play computer games?
2. What .languages can Linda understand?
3. Has Linda been to any foreign countries?
4. What does Linda get from her friends in other countries?
Complete the sentences with the words: brown, traditions, celebrate, toothache.
1. When you have a _____________ , you should go to the dentist.
2. When do English people ___________ Halloween?
3. Ukrainian people have got many interesting customs and ______________.
4. My friend has got ___________ eyes and short straight hair.
Choose the correct form of the verbs to complete the sentences.
1. We always … six lessons on Wednesdays.
a. have b. are having c. will have d. have had
2. Where … you … tomorrow?
a. do … go b. will … go c. did … go d. have … gone
3. I … this picture.
a. just paint b. is just painting c. will just paint d. have just painted
4. Children … a new film in their room now.
a. watch b. are watching c. watched d. will watch
Write a letter to your pen friend about the things you do to be healthy. Use the plan below:
- why you should be healthy;
- what you do to be healthy;
- what people have to do when they feel ill;
- what people shouldn’t do to be healthy.
What should you do to lead a long healthy life?
I should …
I shouldn’t …
- do morning exercises
- take a shower
- brush teeth in the morning and in the evening
- have a good diet
- eat enough fruit and vegetables
- wash hands before meals
- drink alcohol
- go to the policlinics for medical check up
- take care of my health
- eat much sugar, salt, fat
- play computer games for hours
- watch TV for the whole day
- go in for sports
- keep my clothes clean
- tidy up my room every day
- have enough sleep
- drink enough water