Read the text and put the sentences in the correct order.
My friend’s name is Den. We live in one house but we go to different schools. Den is two years older than me. He is tall and thin. He has got short blond curly hair and small eyes. He is a clever and hard-working boy. He does well at school and likes reading and doing sums. His favourite subjects are History, Literature and Maths, but he hates Music, because he can’t sing. He also dislikes Nature Study.
I like to spend my time with Den because he knows a lot of funny stories. He is also fond of sports. We often play tennis, table tennis and chess together. But Den can’t ski and play volleyball.
My friend is a kind boy. All children in our house like Den because he is very friendly and he is always ready to help other people.
___ a) He has got short blond hair and small eyes..
___ b) Den studies well at school and he likes sport.
___ c) My friend Den lives in my house..
___ d) All the children like Den because he is very friendly.
Choose the correct variant to complete the sentences.
1. My friend and I study in … .
a. the same school
b. the same class
c. different schools
d. different towns
2. Den’s hair is … .
a. not wavy
3. Den doesn’t like … .
4. My friend and I can’t play … together.
d. table tennis
Write short answers to the questions.
1) What eyes has Den got?
2) Why doesn’t Den like Music?
3) Why do I like to spend my time with Den?
4) What games do we play together?
Complete the sentences with the words from the box.
|flowers decorate lessons musical|
- How many ____________ do you have on Tuesday?
- Children like to ____________ the New Year tree with coloured lights and toys.
- My mother’s hobby is growing ____________.
- Tom can play three ____________ instruments.
Choose the correct form of the verbs to complete the sentences.
1. My cousin… me to gather the apples yesterday.
a) helps b) will help c) helped d) has helped
2. Eddy … this article yet.
a) doesn’t read b) isn’t reading c) didn’t read d) hasn’t read
3. The bus … in fifteen minutes.
a) comes b) will come c) came d) has come
4. What … Sam … in his room now?
a) does … do b) is … doing c) will … do d) did … do
Write a letter to your pen friend about your favourite holiday. Use the plan below:
- the name of your favourite holiday;
- when you celebrate it;
- how you celebrate it;
- why you like this holiday.