Develop your reading, writing and speaking skills
Do Test 3 Year 5 Level A1+
Test 3 Year 5 is for the students of the fifth grade to check themselves.
Read the text and put the sentences in the correct order.
I have got a pen friend Susan. Susan lives in Manchester in England. She is twelve years old and she goes to school for girls. Her family is not very big. Her father is a serious and good-looking man. He is tall and thin with short dark hair and he wears glasses. Her father is a dentist. In his free time he likes playing football.
Susan’s mother is very beautiful. She isn’t tall and has got long blond curly hair and big eyes. Susan’s mother is a musician and plays the piano very well. She likes cooking and playing tennis.
Susan has got an elder brother Nick. He will finish school in a year. Nick is tall with short straight hair and big eyes.
Susan’s granny has got short curly hair and a kind smile. She is fond of gardening.
___ a) Her mother is a beautiful woman and she is musician.
___ b) My pen friend lives in England.
___ c) Her brother will soon live school.
___ d) Her father is a serious man and works as a dentist.
Task 1. Choose the correct variant to complete the sentences.
1. Susan’s father is … .
a. not thin
c. not short
d. not tall
2. Susan’s father works as a … .
b. football player
3. Susan’s mother likes … .
b. playing the piano
c. playing football
4. Nick’s hair is … .
a. not curly|
c. not short
d. not straight
Task 2. Write short answers to the questions.
- How old is Susan?
- What does her father wear?
- When will Nick finish school?
- What does Susan’s granny like doing?
Task 1. Complete the sentences with the words: colds, pretty, collecting, birthday
- Jane is a very __________ girl.
- People often catch __________ when the weather is cold.
- My grandfather is fond of __________ coins.
- I have already sent the invitations for the __________ party.
Task 2. Choose the correct form of the verbs to complete the sentences.
1. Next year we … in the sixth form.
c) will be
d) have been
2. Look! A cat … our meat!
b) is eating
d) will eat
3. She … me your letter yet.
a) doesn’t give
b) will not give
c) hasn’t given
d) didn’t give
4. When … you … this camera? – A month ago.
a) do … buy
b) are … buying
c) did … buy
d) has … bought
Task 3. Write a letter to your pen friend about your favourite school subject. Use the plan below:
- what your favourite subject is;
- how many times a week you have it;
- what you usually do at the lessons;
- why you like this subject.
Look at the picture.
- Say what room it is and describe it.
- Say what the people are doing in the room.
- Tell about your favourite food.