Do you like autumn?
Autumn is my favourite season because it’s so beautiful and peaceful.
Have practice and speak about this wonderful time of the year.
Autumn is a second spring when every leaf’s a flower.
Autumn, the year’s last, loveliest smile.
William Cullen Bryant
- September, October and November are autumn months.
- In autumn the days become shorter and nights longer.
- The sky is often cloudy.
- This is a rainy season.
- Autumn provides people with beauty and abundance of colors.
- It’s a wonderful time when the air is transparent.
- The trees stand red, brown, golden and yellow against the beautiful cloudless sky.
- The maple trees are especially vibrant with colors of red, golden yellow and combinations of both.
- The leaves fall from the trees and cover the ground with gorgeous multicolored carpet.
- A common autumn phenomenon is Indian summer, a period of unseasonably warm weather.
- Autumn is perfect for taking beautiful scenic photos and spending time outdoors.
- Schoolchildren and students resume their study.
- Farmers are busy with gathering harvest, planting trees and sowing winter wheat.
- Birds fly away to the south to come back in spring.
- People enjoy taking long walks in the woods and picking mushrooms in the forests.
- Gradually it gets colder and colder and rains more often.
- Nature begins to wither.
- In this season people particularly dislike the sleet and slush under the feet and the dull grey sky.
- Late autumn welcomes winter.
- Autumn is one of the most packed holiday seasons.
- There’s the back to school rush, Halloween, and Thanksgiving.
- In England they love Bonfire Night or Guy Fawkes’ Day, which involves being outside in the fresh air with fires and fireworks.
- Autumn is a wonderful season.
- It gives people relaxing feeling because nothing can help relax more than enjoying nature.
Autumn provides people with beauty. – Осінь дає людям красу.
abundance of colors – багатство красок
transparent air – прозоре повітря
maple trees – клени
vibrant – яскравий
gorgeous – чудовий
phenomenon – явище
scenic photos – мальовничі фото
resume study – відновлювати навчання
sow winter wheat – сіяти озиму пшеницю
gradually – поступово
particularly – особливо
sleet – сльота, дощ зі снігом, крижана кірка
slush – сльота, талий сніг