Form 6 Welcome to the Swallow’s Nest, the symbol of the Crimea’s southern coastline
- The Swallow’s Nest is a decorative castle located between Yalta and Alupka on the Crimean peninsula in southern Ukraine.
- It was built between 1911 and 1912 on top of the 40-metre high Aurora Cliff.
- It was built by a Russian architect Leonid Sherwood to a Neo-Gothic design.
- The castle overlooks the Cape of Ai-Todor on the Black Sea
- The building is compact in size. It is only 20 metres long and 10 metres
- There is a foyer, a guest room, stairway to the tower, and two bedrooms on two different levels within the tower.
- The guest room is decorated with wooden panels.
- An observation deck rings the building, providing a view of the sea.