Read the text and put the sentences in the correct order.
I have to help my parents because they are very busy at work. My mother is a doctor and she spends a lot of time in the hospital. Sometimes she even has to work on weekends. My father is a driver. He often goes to other towns on business. So I have to do a lot of house chores. I go shopping and do the washing up. But I am not good at it. I often break plates and I always forget to buy something in the supermarket. And most of all I hate cleaning my room. When my room is tidy, I can’t find anything there.
What I really like is growing flowers. I have a lot of flowers at home and in spring and summer I grow flowers in the garden. All my friends say that my flowers are very beautiful. I am glad to see their happy faces when I give them flowers.
___ a) My hobby is growing flowers.
___ b) I don’t like house chores.
___ c) I enjoy giving flowers to my friends.
___ d) My parents work a lot and don’t have time for house chores.
Choose the correct variant to complete the sentences.
1. My parents … .
a. work hard
b. aren’t busy
c. spend much time at home
d. don’t work
2. My mother spends much time … .
a. in other towns
b. at home
c. in the garden
d. at work
3. Most of all I don’t like … .
a. doing the shopping
b. washing up
c. tidying my room
d. growing flowers
4. I feel … to give flowers to my friends.
Write short answers to the questions.
1) Where does my mother work?
2) Where does my father often go?
3) What house chores do I usually do?
4) What is my hobby?
Complete the sentences with the words.
|straight headache church primary|
- On Easter Ukrainian people go to _____________ with baskets.
- Betty didn’t sleep well last night and now she has got a terrible
- English children from5 to 11 years old go to ______________ school.
- My cousin has got short ___________ hair and brown eyes.
Choose the correct form of the verbs to complete the sentences.
1. I always … my teeth in the morning.
a) clean b) am cleaning c) cleaned d) has cleaned
2. … you … the film yesterday?
a) Do … enjoy b) Did … enjoy c) Are … enjoying d) Will … enjoy
3. Diana … this book in the library tomorrow.
a) takes b) will take c) took d) has taken
4. … Paul ever … a car?
a) Does … drive b) Is … driving c) Did … drive d) Has … driven
Write a letter to your pen friend about your best friend. Use the plan below:
- your friend’s name and age;
- what he / she looks like;
- his / her hobby;
- what you like doing together.